WCM Rendering with Meta tagsActions
The Canon Color imageCLASS LBP712Cdn is an easy to use, duplex, single function laser printer ideal for any business environment. The LBP712Cdn delivers lightning fast, exceptional color output and prints at speeds of up to 40 pages-per-minute1, with your first print available in 6 seconds or less2.
The device supports UFR II, PCL 5c/e, PCL6 and Adobe® PostScript® printer languages, allowing greater versatility for your printing needs. Eco-friendly, automatic duplexing right out of the box helps your business save on paper and related costs. Designed to handle your versatile, growing and fast paced business output needs, the LBP712Cdn offers remarkable paper handling in an expandable, configurable construction.
The LBP712Cdn comes standard with a 550-sheet cassette and 100-sheet multipurpose tray, with optional 550-sheet cassette available to support paper feeding up to 2,300 sheets3.
The LBP712Cdn features mobile capabilities for printing on-the-go using your compatible mobile device such as Apple® AirPrint®5, Mopria™ Print Service6 and Google Cloud Print™7.
The Canon PRINT Business4 app allows you to print to the device from compatible iOS or Android devices. With USB Direct Print, you can easily print from your USB Flash drive in JPEG, TIFF, PDF and XPS formats. The LBP712Cdn uses 2.2 watts of energy or less in energy saving mode, helping you save on energy costs.
The single cartridge system combines the toner and drum into one unit, making replacement of cartridges simple. This printer uses GENUINE Canon Toner Cartridge 040 CMYK and 040 CMYK Hi-Capacity for higher volume printing.
- Lightning fast, exceptional color laser output with print speed of up to 40 pages-per-minute1, with your first print in your hands in 6 seconds or less2.
- Print on-the-go with Canon PRINT Business4, Apple® AirPrint®5, Mopria™ Print Service6 and Google Cloud Print™7, using your compatible mobile device.
- Remarkable paper handling in an expandable, configurable construction to support paper feeding up to 2,300 sheets3.
- Easily print from your USB Flash drive in JPEG, TIFF, PDF and XPS formats.
- Supports UFR II, PCL 5c/e, PCL6 and Adobe® PostScript® printer languages, allowing greater versatility for your printing needs.
- Energy Saver Mode uses less than 2.2 watts of energy, helping you save on energy costs.
- Eco friendly, two-sided printing right out of the box helps your business save on paper and related costs.
- The single cartridge system combines the toner and drum into one unit, making replacement of cartridges simple.
Main Unit Spec
|Printer Type||Color Laser Single Function Printer|
|Print Speed||Up to 40 ppm (Color/BW: 1 and 2-sided, plain paper letter)1|
|First Print Time||6 seconds or less (letter)2|
|Printer Language||UFR II, PCL 5c/e, PCL6, Adobe® PostScript®|
|Print Resolution||600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 equivalent x 600 dpi|
|Maximum Print Size||Up to Legal (multipurpose tray)|
|Print Modes||Watermark, Page Composer, Toner Saver, Poster, Booklet, Collate|
|Print Memory||1 GB|
|Direct Print from USB||Print File format: JPEG, TIFF, PDF, XPS|
|Paper Handling Specifications|
|Standard Paper Source(s)||Standard Cassette: 550-sheet; 16 to 43 lb. bond (plain paper); Letter, A4, A5, B5, Statement, Executive (Min: 4 x 5.8 / Max: 8.5 x 11.7)3
Multipurpose Tray: 100-sheet; 16 to 57 lb. bond (plain paper); Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5, Statement, Executive (Min: 3 x 5 / Max: 8.5 x 14)3
|Optional Paper Source(s)||550-sheet cassette; 16 to 43 lb. bond (plain paper); Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5, Statement, Executive (Min: 4 x 5.8 / Max: 8.5 x 14)3|
|Paper Output||Approx. 200 sheets (face down)|
|Media Types||Thin paper, Plain paper, Recycled paper, Thick paper, Colored paper, Label, Post card, Envelope, Rough paper|
|Envelope Types||Com 10, Monarch, C5, DL|
|Connectivity and Software Specifications|
|Standard Interface(s)||USB Device High-Speed 2.0, Shared 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet (Network)|
|Mobile Functions||Canon PRINT Business4, Apple® AirPrint®5, Mopria™ Print Service6, Google Cloud Print™7|
|Web Browser Support for Remote UI||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Supported Network Protocols||SNMPv1, SNMPv3 (IPv4,IPv6)|
|TCP/IP Set of Application Services||Bonjour(mDNS), HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, BOOTP, RARP, ARP+PING, Auto IP, WINS (IPv4), DHCPv6 (IPv6), DDNS|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista®, Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 R2, 2003, Mac® OS10.6.8 & up|
|Cable Included||Power Cord (USB not included)|
|Power Consumption||During Operation: 600 W or less,
Standby: 33 W or less,
Energy Saver: 2.2 W or less (USB) / 1.2 W or less (wired)
|Typical Energy Consumption||1.4 kwh|
|Dimensions||18.1 (W) x 18.3 (D) x 15.3 (H)*|
|Unit Weight (without/with cartridge)||54.7 lbs. (w/o cartridge), 62.7 lbs. (w/ cartridges)|
|Package Weight||Approx. 77.2 lbs.|
|Cartridge Type||Cartridge 040 Black (yields approximately 6,300 pages), CMY (yields approximately 5,400 pages) / Cartridge 040 Hi-Capacity Black (yields approximately 12,500 pages), Hi-Capacity CMY (yields approximately 10,000 pages) *Yields based on ISO/IEC Standard|
|LCD Display||5 Line LCD Panel|
|Duty Cycle||Up to 80,000 pages per month (RMPV (Recommended Monthly Print Volume): 1,000 - 7,000 pages)|
|Security||SNMPv3, IP / MAC address filtering, HTTPS/IPPS, IEEE802.1x (wired LAN)|
|Warranty||1 Year Onsite Service (Extended warranty available)8
EPEAT Silver Rating, Energy Star Rated
What Comes in the Box: LBP712Cdn Product, Standard Cartridge 040, Power Cord (USB not included), Starter Guide, User Software DVD-ROM, Warranty Card, Canon Drivers
*Configuration and Dimensions
LBP712Cdn Only: 18.1 (W) x 18.3 (D) x 15.3 (H)
LBP712Cdn + 1 Optional Cassette: 18.1 (W) x 18.3 (D) x 20.5 (H)
LBP712Cdn + 2 Optional Cassettes: 18.1 (W) x 18.3 (D) x 25.7 (H)
LBP712Cdn + 3 Optional Cassettes: 18.1 (W) x 18.3 (D) x 30.9 (H)
1. Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
2. May vary depending on the output environment.
3. Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
4. Canon PRINT Business is a free app available on the App Store® and Google Play™ Store. For more information, including compatibility, please visithttps://www.usa.canon.com/mobile-app. Users of Canon Mobile Printing can simply update the app to use Canon PRINT Business. Users who have installed Canon Mobile Scanning for Business should install Canon PRINT Business on their compatible device. After Canon PRINT Business is installed, users can re-register their Canon Mobile Scanning for Business device list and local documents. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. iPhone, iPad Air, iPad, iPad mini, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the United States and other countries and is used under license.
5. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6. Mopria Print Service, available for free at the Google Play Store, requires a compatible Android KitKat 4.4 smartphone or tablet. The printer must be either wirelessly connected to the network router or with an Ethernet cable. The mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network.
7. Google Cloud Print requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print™ function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable are required to perform firmware update.
8. Warranty program is subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See the warranty card for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
Whatever the size of your organization, you can use uniFLOW to optimize productivity and help reduce costs by gaining effective control and management over your entire printer fleet.
To learn more, click here.
View all Software Solutions, click here.
You don't need to be a graphic designer to create your own posters. Canon's PosterArtist software gives you the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints that can be used in applications such as office presentations, posters, banners, retail signage, and much, much more.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.