WCM Rendering with Meta tagsActions
Touchstone Dimensional Printing Software
Large Format Printer Software
Download CRUSE Brochure
Simplify the design and production of textured prints
Now you can add a tactile experience to your Arizona UV curable printers’ capabilities with Touchstone software. Compatible with the Arizona 1200, 1300, 2200 and 2300 series UV curable flatbed printers and ONYX Thrive software, Touchstone makes both the file creation process and the printing exceptionally easy.
The workflow consists of both a designers’ and print providers’ component. The designers’ component consists of free of charge Adobe CC extensions for Photoshop and Illustrator that designers can utilize in an environment they are already familiar with. Designers determine which image areas they want elevated by implementing an additional greyscale layer in their file where black represents the highest point and white the lowest point. To preview their work, the Touchstone extensions also include a viewer that renders the file in 3D complete with lighting effects. Once happy with the file, the designer saves it as a pdf and sends it to the print provider.
With a commercially licensed copy of Touchstone, a Touchstone Certified print provider will be able to process these pdf files in ONYX Thrive using a proprietary printer driver that communicates with the patented Touchstone ALPS Engine. The ALPS Engine outputs a layered batch file that the Arizona can then print in proper sequence without any additional operator intervention.
Here’s what Touchstone software workflow can provide
- Texture effects up to 1mm in height utilizing color and/or varnish UV curable inks
- No charge Extensions for Adobe CC provides designers a familiar environment to design within
- Designers can preview dimensional effects using the 3D viewer extension
- Quickly identify peaks, cliffs and low spots in the design
- Export your print ready file as one pdf containing both the graphic image and height map
- Simple to use. Print providers can simply RIP with ONYX Thrive and print on the Arizona much like they do today
- No file manipulation. The ALPS Engine automatically interprets the pdf and generates a multi-layer batch file with the correct printing sequence
- No fuzzy images in the low spots. Colors are printed at the optimum elevation for each layer
- Automatic Z-axis adjustment for consistent image quality top to bottom without operator intervention
- Unattended printing provides additional revenue generating opportunities after regular business hours
- Differentiate your business! Touchstone provides a new, high margin application that is completely unique to the Arizona 1200, 1300, 2200 and 2300 Series printers
SGIA 2018 - Randy Paar
Introducing Touchstone Dimensional Printing Software
TouchStone Elevated Printing Technology