Canon U.S.A. is proud to have earned LEED certification for three buildings. The U.S. Green Building Council's LEED® green building program is the preeminent program for the design, construction, maintenance and operations of high-performance green buildings. Including sustainable site development, water and energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality. LEED-certified properties include: the Canon Americas Headquarters, located in Melville, N.Y., Canon's Distribution Center in Norcross, Ga., and the Canon Experience Center, located in Costa Mesa, Calif.
Canon Americas Headquarters
The Canon Americas Headquarters holds LEED Gold certification. This facility features daylight harvesting, drought-resistant vegetation and electric car charging stations. At approximately 700,000 square feet, the Canon Americas Headquarters was the largest commercial property on Long Island to achieve this level of LEED. The level of LEED certification is determined by the number of credits achieved in key areas within each of the LEED credit categories, including sustainable site development, water and energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Canon U.S.A. Distribution Center
The 114,000-square foot expansion of the Canon U.S.A. distribution center in Norcross, Ga., has been awarded LEED v4 certification under the “LEED® for building Design and Construction: Warehouse and Distribution Centers” rating system. Used to store inventory and fulfill orders placed in the U.S., it was the first facility to receive certification under this new LEED rating system. Elements that earned the Canon distribution center its LEED v4 certification included energy efficiency, water-saving measures, environmental operating practices, and potential reduction of CO2 emissions. Beyond the LEED-certified expansion, more modern and efficient upgrades were made to the existing warehouse as well, such as installation of efficient lighting and heating systems.
Costa Mesa Customer Experience Center
Officially opened in November 2014, this Center offers award-winning service and support to customers, clients and partners, including repair operations, on-site educational programs and a nearly 5,000 square-foot state-of-the-art showroom that displays products.
The 38,000 square-foot facility was renovated with environmentally conscious elements, including:
- More than 95 percent of the existing building was utilized to extend the life cycle of the standing building stock, conserve resources, reduce construction waste and reduce environmental impact during renovation.
- More than 75 percent of all construction waste was diverted from landfills through waste sorting and recycling.
- The use of native vegetation for landscaping helped reduce reliance on irrigation systems and reduced outdoor potable water consumption by over 50 percent.
- The use of efficient, low-flow plumbing fixtures throughout the space helped obtain a 40 percent indoor potable water savings.
- The facility is designed to use 38 percent less energy than conventional buildings through the use of efficient lighting fixtures, motion sensors and an efficient HVAC system.
Canon Americas Headquarters Voted "Best Office Building" On Long Island
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to announce that its corporate headquarters has been voted “Best Office Building” on Long Island
Canon Clean Earth Crew
Canon Americas Headquarters employees, along with their families and friends, painted, planted, and weeded at Lake Ronkonkoma County Park in NY
The Eco Start Program
Canon Solutions America Planted a Million Trees with Trees for the Future to Inspire a Greener Future