Big dreams start small. This is especially true when it comes to fueling the futures of young authors. The Canon Solutions America Future Authors Project, a free program first offered in partnership with the School District of Palm Beach County, FL in 2006, was created to help inspire students with a passion for writing. Canon Solutions America expanded the scope of the Future Authors Project in 2017, when the Jericho School District became the first school in New York to participate in the program.
The Future Authors Project summer workshop provides students with insight into the process of writing, editing, and digitally publishing books through instruction by certified teachers, interactions with Canon experts, and insight from local published authors. Canon cameras and instructional classes are also shared with students and faculty to provide vivid photography to accompany their writing.
Throughout the workshop, students work on crafting poems, essays, and short stories to polish their writing, editing, story development, and critical thinking skills. The students' work is compiled and digitally printed and bound into a book using Canon printing technology.
Canon Solutions America Digital Printing Technology: A Book Printing and Publishing Revolution
The Canon Solutions America Future Authors Project is a compelling example of the extraordinary impact that digital book printing technology is having on the industry. With intelligent digital presses, book printers and publishers can replace costly, time-consuming production techniques with a focused digital model that eliminates the issues of obsolete shelf inventory, costly overruns, or returns. It also allows book printers and publishers to expand market opportunity, reduce costs, and achieve a competitive edge.
Today, Canon Solutions America spearheads the digital book printing revolution with solutions that automate the entire book production process. More than half of the top 20 digital book manufacturers have technologies as part of their platforms, using systems to print millions of books each year. With PRISMA® pre-press and workflow software, Canon Solutions America provides an end-to-end solution that simplifies the book production process and enables better control and improved efficiency and quality.
At the Future Authors Project, students will:
- Work on writing poems, essays, short stories, and story development while polishing writing and critical thinking skills.
- Work in peer editing groups with other students, to share their writing and reap the benefit of feedback from fellow writers.
- Have a professional headshot taken and printed with their biographies in the final published book.
- Participate in an official book release and signing in the fall where they will see their digitally published books for the first time.
View all news about the Canon Solutions America Future Authors Program.
- Palm Beach County School District Students Publish Short Stories Through Canon Solutions America Future Authors Project
- Jericho School District Celebrates “With Every Letter Comes a Story”, its Fifth Book Published Through the Canon Solutions America Future Authors Project
- Canon Solutions America Introduces Turn the Page, by the Palm Beach County School District Canon Future Authors Project
- Canon Solutions America Joins Jericho School District in Celebrating “Emergence” Book Launch as part of its Future Authors Program
- Canon Solutions America Unveils “Show, Don’t Tell,” the Latest Published Collection from the Future Authors Project of Palm Beach County School District
- Canon Solutions America Launches "Always Becoming," a Digitally Published Anthology by Jericho High School Students
- Canon Solutions America Announces Launch of Words of Art, A Collection of Literary Work by Jericho High School Students
- Canon Solutions America Expands its Future Authors Project with Long Island, New York Chapter
- Future Authors Project Commemorates Aspiring Writers with its Tenth Published Book
- Canon Solutions America’s Future Authors Project Releases Ninth Published Book
- Future Authors Project Launches Eighth Year
- Seventh Annual Océ Future Authors Project
- Published Works for the First Time
- Future Authors Project Sixth Book
- Blood, Sweat & Words to be Unveiled
- Future Authors Project Receives Hermes Platinum Award
- Fifth Future Authors Book Unveiled at Signing
- Future Authors Project Expands to Kenya
- Palm Beach Students Better Prepared for School Year
- Fifth Annual Océ Future Authors Project
- Future Authors Volunteer and Poet Unveils New Book
- Future Authors Unveil Fourth Book
- Fourth Annual Writing Workshop
- Fourth Annual Summer Writing Workshop
- Océ Helps Aspiring Authors Get Into Print
- Third Annual Future Authors Writing Workshop
- BankAtlantic and Lawrence A. Sanders Foundations
Future Authors Project 2022 – Jericho, NY
Future Authors Project 2021 – Jericho, NY
Future Authors & Writers Room - Canon in the Community
Future Authors Project - Jericho High School, Long Island, NY
Future Authors Project - Canon Solutions America