The GP-300 device features a 5-color pigment based plus Fluorescent Pink Ink. The new Fluorescent Pink Ink allows the reproduction of graphic posters and signage, expanding the color gamut for designers to replicate the exact colors for their business needs and branding. Canon's unique Radiant Infusion which layers the newly developed Fluorescent Pink Ink with other inks on the paper surface during printing creating bright and soft color reproduction. Available in 130 ml or 300 ml ink tanks. 540 ml of ink ships standard with the GP-300.
Printing jobs quickly is critical on the work site and in the office. The Wi-Fi connectivity2 can transfer technical drawing files and help speed up your workflow- perfect for high-volume printing. No Wi-Fi router is needed, which can provide greater freedom during installation.
Supports borderless printing on all rolls and custom widths to reduce the need for paper trimming.
The GP Series large-format printers come equipped with several security features3 designed to help prevent leaks of confidential information:
- 802.1x Authentication
- Panel Lock by Remote UI
- Remote UI Multilevel
- Hide IP From Panel
- Panel Access Control
- Job Storage and PIN Printing
- Secure Disc Erase (Conforms to U.S. Department of Defense standard DoD5220.22-M)
The following functions can be disabled in administrator mode:
- Internet Connection
- FTP and Telnet communication protocols
- Job Log Look-up
The GP Unified Printer Driver allows users to print to any imagePROGRAF GP Series device, without the need to install additional drivers for each model. This helps make it a hassle-free installation process for multiple devices within the same environment.
The Windows® driver and Macintosh® driver incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to help stay productive. 5
Batch print files and monitor the status of more than one device for extremely efficient production printing. Easily share and/or print, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, HP-GL/2 files and .cpfx PosterArtist files through the user-friendly interface. In addition, you can set-up hot folders on your desktop by clicking the Shortcut Print feature. DPP allows you to simply drag and drop files for on demand printing with improved rendering speeds that are 60% faster than Canon’s Direct Print & Share. You can even set up multiple folders, each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease. DPP obtains the essential information such as media width and remaining amount of media on the roll helping to streamline the printing process.6
Additional features include:
- Easily collate sets
- Displays job progress
- Nest images
- Print file name, date and time on separator sheets
Accounting Manager software serves as a powerful feature that can help users accurately manage printing costs and other information that is increasingly important in today’s economic environment.
With the Accounting Manager software you can track how much ink and paper is being consumed when printing in large format jobs. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on your own “Cost of Goods”. Each individual ink tank and each paper type can have its own cost associated to it. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel® so the data can be used for billing purposes. This feature will allow you to determine the cost of each print based on your actual cost.
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints and now supports the creation of multilingual posters and tiling! Users simply follow the program's four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as office Presentations, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy* feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button. The Radiant Infusion technology is integrated into PosterArtist Lite software to allow users to create high impact posters easily.
The newest edition of PosterArtist includes an abundance of new content options that make poster designing and printing more dynamic than ever before. For this software edition Canon has partnered with third party photo stock companies to expand the available options to include thousands of high resolution, ready to use images. The array of poster templates highlights the Fluorescent Pink Ink.
* Compatible with PosterArtist and PosterArtist Lite
This software allows users to continually monitor information such as the printer status and colors being used to print. It also allows printer administrators to centrally control multiple networked printers at once. This utility software displays the acquired printer information in a neat list for easy visibility.
Printer administrators can be notified via email when an error or warning occurs. No more hassles to get to an installation site of a printer to check on the amount of ink remaining. Printer administrators can now simply check the amount of consumables remaining for networked printers by operating DMC software from their own personal computer. You can monitor the status of up to 50 GP Series printers!
|Main Unit Specs|
|Printer Type||5-Color plus Fluorescent Pink Ink 36-inch Printer|
|Number of Nozzles||Total: 15,360
C, M, Y, BK, MBK, FP: 2,560 nozzles each
|Nozzle Pitch||1200 dpi
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
|Print Resolution (Up to)||2400×1200dpi (Max)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8.1, 10 (32/64bit)
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 (64bit), 2019
Macintosh OS X v10.10.5-v10.12x or later
|Standard Interfaces||USB 2.0 High-Speed
Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
|Ink Droplet Size||5 picoliter|
|Ink Capacity||130 ml or 300 ml per color|
|Ink Types||Pigment Ink Plus Fluorescent Pink Ink|
|Color Set||Pigment: Matte Black, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Fluorescent Pink Ink|
|Buffer Ram||2 GB (Physical)|
|Media Width||Cut Sheet - 8”- 36”
Roll Feed - 8” - 36”
|Maximum Roll Print Length||Roll Feed - 59' (18 meters)|
|Maximum Media Roll Diameter||5.9” or less|
|Borderless Printing Width||8”, 12”, 15, 16” 18, 20”, 22”, 30”, 34”
|Paper Feed Method||Roll Feed: One Roll, Top-loading, Front Output
Cut Sheet: Top Loading, Front Output
|Languages||SGRaster, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, JPEG|
|Noise Level Approx||Operation: 49 dB (A)
Standby: 35 dB (A) or less
Acoustic Power: 6.7 Bels
|Physical Dimensions||42” (H) x 51” (W) x 35” (D)|
|Weight||pprox. 130 lbs (roll holder included, no inks, no print heads)|
|Power Source||AC100-240V (50-60Hz)|
|Power Consumption||Maximum: 74 W or less
Standby 2.0 W or less
Power Off: 0.3 W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 59°-86° F (15°-30° C)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
|User-replaceable items||Print Head (PF-07)
Maintenance Cartridge (MC-31)
Ink Tanks (PFI-120/PFI-320)
Cutter Blade (CT-08)
|Software Included||Quick Utility Toolbox, Accounting Manager, Device Management Console, Media Configuration Tool, PosterArtist Lite (PC only), PosterArtist (Available for purchase, PC only), Printer Driver Extra Kit (Free Layout and Advanced Preview), Direct Print Plus (PC only), Free Layout Plus (PC only)|
* In major aqueous pigment large-format inkjet printer manufactures (excluding sublimation transfer systems). As of 09/27/2021, (Canon research)
- Should read as follows: As of September 27, 2021, according to professional services performed by Pantone under License Agreement between Canon, Inc. and Pantone LLC.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or 802.11n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security features may impact functionality/performance; you may want to test these settings in your environment.
- For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
- Your server must be compatible with a webDAV enabled cloud account, including but not limited to, Google, Carbonite or Rackspace, to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third-party cloud provider's current offering, at its sole discretion. Your cloud account is subject to the third-party cloud provider's terms and conditions.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Drivers & Downloads
What's In The Box
- imagePROGRAF GP-300
- Catch Basket
- 2"/3" Core Media Spool (Adaptors Included)
- US AC Power Cable
- Tools and Screws
- Print Head PF-07
- Maintenance Cartridge (Installed)
- 6 Ink Tanks (90 ml: FP/C/M/Y/BK/MBK)
- iWR Service Terms Leaflet
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- User Software CD for Windows (Printer Driver Utilities)
- PosterArtist Lite CD
- User Registration Card
- Warranty Sheet
- Media Guide