The GP-4000 is a 10-color (MBK, BK, GY, C, M, Y, R, O, G, V) plus Fluorescent Pink Ink large format printer. The new Fluorescent Pink Ink allows the reproduction of graphic posters and signage, expanding the color gamut for designers to replicate the exact colors for their business needs and branding. Canon's unique Radiant Infusion which layers the newly developed Fluorescent Pink Ink with other inks on the paper surface during printing creating bright and soft color reproduction. Available in 160 ml, 330 ml or 700 ml ink tanks. 3,630 ml of ink ships standard with the GP-4000.
Stay Connected. Wi-Fi connectivity3 is standard with the GP Series printers.
Developed with advanced security features4, including support of secure PIN printing to protect data and the ability to disable printing, increasing administrative control of end-user printing.
Creating large format prints is now easier with Professional Print & Layout for imagePROGRAF large format printers. This software offers features that streamline your printing workflow. Compatible with Canon Digital Photo Professional® software, Adobe Photoshop® software, and Adobe Lightroom® software, Professional Print & Layout offers versatility never before seen with Canon Large Format printing.5
- Create and save custom layouts
- Nesting of images
- Import multiple images and make batch edits that apply to all
- Create “Favorites” settings
- Crop images
Recognizing the expanding array of media options for large format printers and to further improve the versatility of these new imagePROGRAF models, Canon has developed a Media Configuration Tool, which allows customers to not only utilize Canon-branded media, but provides the ability to make adjustments to printer settings to enhance the precision and quality of output achieved with third party media.
Settings that can be configured using media parameter adjustment features include:
- Media weight and thickness
- Ink drying
- Automatic cutting settings
- Borderless printing
- Paper feed amount
- Print-head height
- Vacuum strength
- Maximum ink usage
In today's printing environment, it is more important than ever to understand how much ink and media each print job is costing your business. Both Mac® and Microsoft® compatible, Accounting Manager serves as a powerful feature, used for accurately managing your print costs. With the Accounting Manager feature you can track how much ink and paper is being consumed when printing in large format of up to 50 printers! Each individual ink tank can have its own cost associated to it, as well as a variety of different paper types. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on your own “Cost of Goods”. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes. This feature will allow you to determine the cost of each print based on your actual cost.
- Job Cost (ink, Media and variable cost inputted by user)
- Ink Consumed per Job*
- Media Consumed per Job
- Job Completion time
- And more
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints and now supports the creation of multilingual posters and tiling! Users simply follow the program's four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as office Presentations, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy* feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
The newest edition of PosterArtist includes an abundance of new content options that make poster designing and printing more dynamic than ever before. For this software edition Canon has partnered with third party photo stock companies to expand the available options to include thousands of high resolution, ready to use images. The array of poster templates highlights the Fluorescent Pink Ink.
This Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature lets users ensure that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows and Mac driver). 6
|Main Unit Specs|
|Printer Type||10-color pigment ink plus Fluorescent Pink Ink|
|Number of Nozzles||Total: 18,432
All colors: 1,536 nozzles
|Nozzle Pitch||600 dpi x 2
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
|Print Resolution (Up to)||2400×1200dpi (Max)|
|OS Compatibility||32bit: Windows® (Vista/7/8, 8.1/10)
64bit: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10Windows Server 2008R2 , Windows Server 2012/2012R2Windows Server 2016 , Windows Server 2019
Mac (OS X 10.10.5～OS10.11), (OS 10.12～macOS 10.14)
|Standard Interfaces||USB 2.0 High-Speed
Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
USB Thumb Drive
|Ink Droplet Size||Minimum 4 picoliter|
|Ink Capacity||160ml, 330ml, or 700ml per color|
|Ink Type||10 Pigment color basedplus Fluorescent Pink Ink|
|Color Set||Photo Black, Matte Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Green, Gray, Red, Orange, Violet + Fluorescent Pink|
|Hard Drive||500 GB|
|Media Width||Cut Sheet - 6”- 44”
Roll Feed - 6”- 44”
|Media Thickness||Roll: 0.07 - 0.8 mm (2.8 - 31.5mil)|
|Maximum Roll Print Length||Roll Feed - 59' (18 meters)**|
|Maximum Media Roll Diameter||6.7” or less (170mm)|
|Borderless Printing Width||All Sizes|
|Paper Feed Method||Roll Feed: One Roll, Front-loading, Front Output
Manual Feed: Front-loading, Front Output
|Languages||Swift Graphic Raster (SGRaster)|
|Noise Level Approx||Operation: 49 dB (A) or less
Accoustic Power: 6.6 Bels or less
|Physical Dimensions||46” (H) x 63” (W) x 39” (D)|
|Weight||approx. 274 lbs|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V（50-60Hz）|
|Power Consumption||Maximum: 99 W or less
Standby 2.0 W or less
Power Off: 0.3 W or less
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 59 - 86°F
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
|User-replaceable items||Print Head (PF-10)
Maintenance Cartridge (MC-30)
Ink Tanks 160ml, 330ml, 700ml
|Software Included||Professional Print & Layout, Quick Utility Toolbox, Accounting Manager, Device Management Console, Media Configuration Tool, PosterArtist Lite (PC only), PosterArtist (Available for purchase, PC only), Printer Driver Extra Kit (Free Layout and Advanced Preview), Direct Print Plus (PC only), Free Layout Plus (PC only)|
* In major aqueous pigment large-format inkjet printer manufactures (excluding sublimation transfer systems). As of 09/27/2021, (Canon research)
- Should read as follows: As of September 27, 2021, according to professional services performed by Pantone under License Agreement between Canon, Inc. and Pantone LLC.
- PANTONE PASTELS & NEONS GUIDE Coated color gamut coverage rate is 97% for GP-4000/2000 when using Photo Paper Pro Platinum with imagePROGRAF printer driver at [Poster/Photo (Fluorescent)] [Highest] (600dpi).
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or 802.11n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security features may impact functionality/performance; you may want to test these settings in your environment.
- Professional Print & Layout software is compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS5/CS6/CC/CC (2014)/CC (2015), 2019 or later, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3/4/5/6, and Canon Digital Professional 3.12 or later.
- For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Drivers & Downloads
What's In The Box
- imagePROGRAF GP-4000
- Catch Basket
- 2"/3" Core Media Spool (Adaptors Included)
- US AC Power Cable
- Tools and Screws
- Print Head PF-10
- Maintenance Cartridge (Installed)
- 11 Ink Tanks (330 ml: FP/C/M/Y/BK/MBK/O/R/V/B/G)
- iWR Service Terms Leaflet
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- User Software CD for Windows (Printer Driver Utilities)
- PosterArtist Lite CD
- User Registration Card
- Warranty Sheet
- Media Guide