WCM Rendering with Meta tagsActions
imageCLASS X MF1643i II
Multifunction Printers and Copiers
imageCLASS X MF1643i Brochure
Make the most of your home office operations
Designed for small to mid-size workgroups within an enterprise environment, the Canon imageCLASS X MF1643 II Series balances speedy performance, minimal maintenance, and the ability to expand paper capacity for busy groups. A 5" color touchscreen delivers an intuitive user experience and can be customized by a device administrator to simplify many daily tasks.
- 5" intuitive color touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized device experience with Application Library.
- Supports certain compatible mobile solutions for printing and scanning.1
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files through a single-pass duplex document feeder.
- Designed for small print jobs with first-print-out time as fast as 5.6 seconds.
- Secure scanning directly into Dropbox, Google Drive,™ Microsoft OneDrive®/ OneDrive® for Business, and Evernote® via uniFLOW Online.
- Low risk of confidential information loss, as documents are only stored in short-term memory.
- With imageWARE Enterprise Management Console Device Configuration Manager Plug-in, settings can be captured and exported to other devices on the same network.2
- Remotely control device access and set rules via optional uniFLOW or uniFLOW Online.
- Limit document distribution by implementing Send-to-Myself-only.
- Verify System at Startup is a process to help verify the validity of the device firmware and Application Library from unauthorized modifications.
- Leverage optional uniFLOW or uniFLOW Online for full accounting and reporting for Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, and job routing.
- Service parts are designed for machine's life cycle to help minimize the need for proactive maintenance and potentially reduce service calls.
- High-capacity, all-in-one cartridge helps reduce overall supply costs.
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics for rapid service response.
- Easily monitor device status and consumable levels, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security settings.
- Canon's signature reliability and engine technologies keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications to help keep supplies replenished.
- Intuitive maintenance videos for common tasks like consumables replacement.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low-energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by providing settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and currently rated EPEAT® Silver.3
The optional uniFLOW Online offers a cloud-based printing, scanning, and accounting solution that's easy to configure and has the latest security features. The solution extends the standard functionality provided by uniFLOW Online Express by adding My Print and Scan Anywhere, mobile printing, and more, to support users whether they're in the office or at home.
imageWARE Enterprise Management Console can be used by a device administrator to centrally manage the Canon printer fleet, including consumables, status notifications, meters, and configuration settings. imageWARE Remote software allows for the service provider to manage devices proactively, including remote diagnosis and reporting. Local Content Delivery System facilitates remote firmware download at the device level.
The imageCLASS X MF1238 model leverages a singlepass document feeder for two-sided scanning at up to 70 images per minute (ipm) in black-and-white or up to 26 ipm in color. Easily scan directly to PC, USB, email, or the network. Scanned files can be converted into multiple file formats, including Hi-Compression PDF and Searchable PDF (OCR).
Unique to the Canon product line, the Application Library platform allows for one-touch button creation of key functions: Print Template, Standby Slide (screen saver), Consumables Information, and Language.
Application Library's Cloud App feature supports cloud storage directly from the RUI. Print documents or images directly from DropBox, Google Drive, or OneDrive.
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Print, Copy, Scan, Send|
|PROCESSOR||Canon Custom Processor|
|CONTROL PANEL||5" Color Touch Panel|
|STANDARD INTERFACE CONNECTION||USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device) High-Speed, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (Network), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi® Direct Connection, Near Field Communication|
PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)
|Standard: 650 Sheets
Maximum: 2,300 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 550-sheet Paper Cassette, 100-sheet Multipurpose Tray
Optional (up to three): 550-sheet Paper Cassettes (Paper Feeder PF-C1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 150 Sheets|
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||Cassettes: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Bond
Stack Bypass: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Bond, Label, Envelope)
SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES
|Cassettes: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive Custom (Min. 4.1" x 5.8" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
Stack Bypass: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive Envelope: COM10, Monarch, C5, DL Custom (Min. 3" x 5" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 16 lb. Bond to 32 lb. Bond (60 to 120 g/m2)
Multipurpose Tray: 16 lb. Bond to 73 lb. Cover (60 to 199 g/m2)
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On: 14 Seconds or Less
From Sleep Mode: 4 Seconds or Less
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||8-7/8” x 15-5/16” x 17-13/16” (480 mm x 465 mm x 452 mm)|
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||27-3/8" x 43-1/2" (694 x 1105 mm)|
|WEIGHT4||Unit: Approx. 41.9 lb. (19.0 kg)|
|OPERATING SYSTEMS||Windows® 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/ Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012/Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016/Windows Server 2019/Mac OS X v10.9 (or later)|
|PRINTING METHOD||Laser Beam Printing|
|PRINT SPEED (BW)||Up to 45 ppm (Letter); Up to 36 ppm (Legal)|
|FIRST PRINT OUT TIME||Approx. 5.6 Seconds|
|RECOMMENDED MONTHLY PAGE VOLUME||2,000 - 7,500 Pages|
|PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)||600 x 600|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL®6, PCL®5, Adobe PostScript® 3™|
|DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING||Automatic (Standard)|
|DIRECT PRINT||Available from USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES6||Apple® AirPrint,® Canon PRINT Business, Mopria™ Print Service, Universal Print, uniFLOW Secure Mobile Printing|
|FONTS||PCL: 93 Fonts PS: 136 Fonts|
|PRINT FEATURES||Secure Print, Page Border, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations|
|COPY SPEED||Up to 45 ppm (Letter); Up to 36 ppm (Legal)|
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME (LETTER)||Approx. 6.0 Seconds|
|COPY RESOLUTION||600 x 600|
|COPY SIZE||Platen and ADF: Up to Legal|
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 999 Copies|
|MAGNIFICATION||25% - 400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS||25%, 50%, 64%, 78%|
|PRESET ENLARGEMENTS||129%, 200%, 400%|
|COPY FEATURES||Preset R/E Ratios by Area, Two-Sided, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Sort, N on 1, Different-Size Originals, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Copy ID Card, Copy Passport|
|TYPE||Single-Pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||50 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||Legal, Letter, Statement, Custom size: 4-1/8" x 5" to 8-1/2" x 14"|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Single- and Double-sided scanning: 14 - 28 lb. Bond (50 - 105 g/m2 )|
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects|
|PULL SCAN||Color Network ScanGear 2 for both TWAIN and WIA|
|SCAN RESOLUTION (dpi)||Up to 600 x 600|
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES||Canon PRINT Business|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)||300 dpi
Simplex: Up to 38 ipm (BW)/13ipm (Color)
Duplex: Up to 70 ipm (BW)/26 (Color)
Simplex: Up to 21 ipm (BW)
Duplex: Up to 35 ipm (BW)
|MEMORY MEDIA||Standard USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)|
|DESTINATION||Email/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB, FTP|
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (50)/Local (300)/Speed dial (281)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||600 x 600 (Pull Scan), 196 x 204 (iFax), 300 x 300 (Other)|
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP, SMB
Email/iFax: SMTP, POP3, iFax (Simple)
|FILE FORMAT||Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF(Compact, Searchable, Encrypted, Digital Signature)|
|UNIVERSAL SEND FEATURES||Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, File Name, Subject/Message, E-mail Priority, TX Report, Original Content Orientation|
|AUTHENTICATION||Standard: Department ID Authentication, embedded Universal Login Manager, uinFLOW Online Express
Optional: uniFLOW, uniFLOW Online
|NETWORK||Standard: IP/Mac Address Filtering, IPSEC, TLS 1.3, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP|
|DOCUMENT||Standard: Secure Print, Encrypted PDF, Device Signature
Optional: uniFLOW Secure Print
|DEVICE||Standard Storage Initialize, Job Log Conceal Function, Protecting MFP Software Integrity, Verify System at Startup|
|DEVICE MANAGEMENT AND AUDITING||Administrator Password, Digital Certificate and key Management, Security Policy Setting|
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86º F
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||AC 110 - 127 V, 7.1 A, 60 Hz|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: Approx. 1440 W
Standby: Approx. 17 W
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.9 W
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 1.3 kWh
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Qualified, Currently Rated EPEAT Silver3|
|TONER T06||Yields up to 20,500 Pages|
uniFLOW Online Express
Secure cloud-based authentication, scanning and accounting for organizations who do not want to invest in or manage local servers.
To learn more, click here.
Whatever the size of your organization, you can use uniFLOW to optimize productivity and help reduce costs by gaining effective control and management over your entire printer fleet.
To learn more, click here.
View all Software Solutions, click here.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Drivers & Downloads
imageCLASS Application Library