WCM Rendering with Meta tagsActions
PRISMAproduction Output Management & Workflow Automation System
Production Print Software
Download PRISMAproduction Brochure
High performance workflow and output management system
PRISMAproduction is an integrated and scalable, high-performance workflow and production print output platform. This on-premises solution has been developed to automate and integrate data input and conversion, prepress and output management in a single platform, to achieve the highest levels of workflow efficiency. Supporting Canon and multivendor web-fed and sheetfed mid- to high-volume Transactional, Commercial, and Corporate Production printing environments with the most demanding and sophisticated operations, who are looking for flexible ways to adapt to changing market needs and drive new business models.
One Production Management Platform
One production management platform for growth
PRISMAproduction gives you the flexibility you need to grow your business into new market segments and offer print applications without having to change your workflow or learn new software.
One platform for flexible file onboarding and controlling most data types
PRISMAproduction offers flexible file onboarding thanks to the many options to input, convert, normalize, and process data streams from mainframes, ERP, MIS, and many other environments. JDF/JMF-based connectors give seamless integration of PRISMAproduction into offset workflows.
Native datastream support, a wide variety of converters and powerful ripping capabilities enable you to handle any incoming jobs centrally: AFP, line data, PCL, PDF, Postscript, PPML, and even legacy and proprietary formats such as LCDS, RDO or VIPP are supported. Moreover, input processes can be fully automated for even greater efficiency.
One platform for optimising files for high-performance production printing
PRISMAproduction automates file optimisation and enhancement together with output management in one workflow:
- Avoid unnecessary downtime caused by improper print data, thanks to the industry-unique AFP preflighting and the fully integrated PDF preflight and makeready option
- Apply late binding changes to print files, without having to go back into the original applications
- Add barcodes, text and images, or sort print files for postal optimisation
- Migrate to printing in full color on white paper, via the easy-to implement pre-printed form replacement option - without having to reprogram the original applications
Integrated solution for job-based reporting
PRISMAproduction communicates with Canon inkjet printing press controllers, to provide you with up-to-date and just-in-time reports on ink consumption, media usage and other data per job, thereby facilitating the quotation process and simplifying monitoring and analysis of overheads.
What’s new in PRISMAproduction V6?
PRISMAproduction V6 is the latest version of the successful PRISMAproduction workflow and output management platform.
Additions in this version include:
Security is a continuous process for PRISMA. Security-related enhancements for PRISMAproduction ensure system hardening out of the box and make it easier to comply with company and industry regulations.
Increased Printing Press Compatibility
Increased printing press compatibility for PRISMAsync-driven presses means that jobs can be controlled better and more easily, centrally, and directly from PRISMAproduction.
New capabilities in PRISMAproduction include the ability to run the print presses at full speed even for extremely large PDF files, including commercial photo applications.
Additional New Functionality with PRISMAproduction
In additional to several new features, PRISMAproduction V6 also includes improved print file enhancement functionalities, for PDF, for example for re-using mail piece data for indexing and exporting to external systems.
PRISMAproduction has been an industry-leading production management system for over 25 years, and Canon is committed to continuously upgrading features and compatibility options for the future.
- Compatible with the latest current version of the Linux operating system
- Support to meet internal and external security requirements
Key Features and Functionalities
Centralized, Automated Workflow
Automate fundamental print workflow steps from the core of your digital print environment with one centralized user interface for:
- Raw data input
- Data conversion
- Print file enhancement, including white paper solutions
- Output management
- Job-based reporting
- Set-ups for in-line finishing
Extended Workflow Capabilities
PRISMAproduction offers one interface for centralized workflow management: Write input-processing routines, which can then be called automatically based on defined criteria. Integrate third-party and your own systems to access this powerful processing capability so you can batch and group work, sort and compose jobs from meta data across multiple printing presses, thereby optimising your printing output workflow throughout your entire operation.
Integrate in Your Existing Environment
- Combine PRISMAproduction with your existing environment, using industry-standard protocols
- Automatically process data from document composition tools, offset commercial systems, MIS, ERP, and mainframes
- Onboard files with a range of interfaces such as JDF/JMF-based connectors, powerful hot folders, and other automatic and manual download capabilities
- Process almost any print data language: PDF, AFP, Postscript, PCL, line data, PPML and even legacy and proprietary formats such as LCDS, RDO and VIPP are supported
- Start with a single press and scale up to manage your entire production fleet, adding new functionality and printing presses as you grow
- Increase performance across your workflow steps as you need it
- Optimize files for high-performance production printing:
- Industry-unique AFP preflighting
- Fully integrated PDF preflighting
- Make-ready options with print file enhancement for last-minute changes and adding barcodes, texts, or images
- Eliminate costly stocks of pre-printed forms, by migrating to white paper and printing in full color without the need for expensive reprogramming or changes to the original applications
- Take advantage of impositioning that is powerful enough to handle very high volumes of data
Spot Color Handling
- PRISMAproduction extends existing spot color handling with two major improvements.
- Automatic detection of named colors in print files. To ease the substitution process, wildcards can now be used to replace multiple spot colors (e.g., C and U) in one go. In addition, alternate values for named colors can now be defined in CIElab or CMYK.
- The spot color substitution definition and processing are part of the automatic and centralized intermediate binding with PRISMAproduction. This enables easy production set-up, without the need for modifications at the press. It maximizes the use of printer's color capabilities to increase application range.
- Spool vast amounts of data
- Drive listed Canon and non-Canon web-fed and sheetfed production presses in real-time from one single output management system
- Manage and reroute jobs across presses from one central point of control – even from web-fed to sheetfed or vice versa
- Operate your printing presses with bidirectional communications for reliable print production
- Use automated job management to maximize productivity and so meet SLAs
- Simulate the production workflow and display the result prior to printing by integrating with PRISMAsimulate
- Optimize output management by grouping incoming orders with smart batching:
- Run multiple ‘copies of one’ in one batch
- Automatically allocate different components of a print product over several printing presses
Gain production transparency and improve performance management with centralized job-based reporting across multiple presses and sites:
- Calculate job-based ink consumption reporting derived from the printing presses
- Connect to PRISMAsimulate for reliable ink estimation
- Export job-based data for accounting and KPI purposes
- Generate automatic, user-configurable reports
- Performance of the PRISMA server hardware is influenced by the class of hardware used and the installed options. Our current product offering has been optimized, and tested for PRISMAproduction with the HP G10 ML350 and DL380 platforms
- Choose from a cost-effective entry level server to a high-end server with Xeon Dual-Processor technology and high-performance RAID systems
- Scalable and modular industrial floor stand or rack mounted server
- High performance operating system: SuSE Linux Enterprise Server
Canon PRISMA Workflow Suite
Canon PRISMA is one of the print industry’s leading workflow solutions. How our workflow applications and tools can help to build your business?
Check out our new brand video and listen what our customers say...