With the new i1Profiler software, X-Rite has developed a next generation toolset that combines the best features of its i1Match, ProfileMaker and MonacoPROFILER solutions. i1Profiler software offers an unprecedented level of flexibility to address the needs of digital imaging workflows. It features a number of unique color management capabilities, adding to users’ power and control in creating professional quality profiles. Users can chose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface; or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors, projectors, printers, and presses.
i1Publish addresses the requirements of customers who need to manage color across a wide range of printers and want to optimize their color output. i1Publish is designed to accommodate all skill levels, and includes X-Rite’s powerful i1Profiler, Pantone Color Manager and Color Checker Passport Software.
X-Rite's i1Publish succeeds i1Process Control as Canon Solutions America's lead desktop color management offering for digital presses and printers, inkjet and photo printers and presses. Using just one product, customers can create and optimize profiles, correct for optical brighteners in paper, and define black separation curves using the advance tools found in the software. Combine the software with X-Rite i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer. iSis Chart Reader or I/O Automated Scanning Table to deliver the ultimate professional level color management for imaging professionals.
The latest release of i1Publish software features basic and advanced modes for professionally calibrated and profiled monitors and projectors, including new presets for video production workflows. Also includes display and printer quality assurance functions.
i1Publish, based upon X-Rite’s i1Prism color engine, offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and features a number of unique color management capabilities adding power and control in creating professional quality profiles. You can choose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface; or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors and projectors.
i1Publish unique capabilities include:
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for monitors and projectors
- Optimize profiles based on ambient light
- Quality assurance for soft proofing on monitors and verifying output quality on printers
i1Publish specific capabilities include:
- Utilize presets for video production workflows
- Create profiles for any ambient light condition for optimal viewing of color critical work
- Unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings (also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets)
- Workgroup match utilizing reference profiles to match all monitors
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- X-Rite’s Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) to automatically control and adjust display hardware settings
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes – just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile – projected colors, screen color and room lighting
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Display quality assurance function to check soft proofing
- Printer quality assurance function to check print quality using ISO 12647-7 compliant media wedges (IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip, Fogra Media Wedge, Japan Color Control Strip).
To help users perform a visual color evaluation of their results using physical standards, i1Publish includes the new ColorChecker Proof, a 24-patch ColorChecker Classic target precut for direct viewing against a printed target. When used in proper lighting conditions, this offers a much more precise visual verification of output quality, so that the user can quickly determine if any adjustment is needed.
ColorChecker Passport Software and Classic Target (mini)
With the ColorChecker Passport Camera Calibration Application and Lightroom® Plug-In, users can quickly and easily build DNG profiles for Adobe® Imaging solutions including Lightroom®, Photoshop®, Photoshop® Elements, Camera Raw (ACR) and Adobe® Bridge. This advanced camera profiling technology provides excellent results with just the mini 24-patch ColorChecker Classic target. It produces DNG profiles that work exceptionally well, even in unusual or artificial light sources. Plus, software auto-detection will locate the target automatically. Whether shooting with just one camera or multiple cameras, photographers can easily establish an accurate color foundation and maintain control of their colors.
i1 Spectrophotometers and Chart Readers
The new i1Pro2 Spectrophotometer is an optimal solution for measuring charts and profiling devices and media. It has been augmented to provide new color control technology, including X-Rite’s patented Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) technology.
The i1Pro2 Spectrophotometer now has the capability to take measurements in multiple illumination conditions. The white calibration area is now protected from being discolored by a protective cover and the larger calibration area helps to ensure measurement accuracy. Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows the device to self-diagnose and compensate for small shifts. The device will also let the user know when it needs to be re-calibrated.
The new i1Pro2 Spectrophotometer is composed of an extruded aluminum frame that acts as a heat sink, improving the measuring performance of projectors and displays. The i1Pro2 has compatibility mode and will work with any software intended for the i1Pro.
X-Rite i1Pro2 is designed for imaging professionals who rely on accurate color for their printers, monitors and projectors, who want to track and verify monitor and print quality, and capture spot color measurement. The new X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectrophotometer is the most accurate and forward thinking profiling device available today – bringing a new level of accuracy, reliability, versatility and ease of use, it delivers an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization. Fits any customer environment where color consistency and quality are important.
Features & Benefits
Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro2 features the next generation of industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization.
- New illuminant design allows for three standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument and ensures your investment well into the future.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now users can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions using a single hand-held device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode saving time and money on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro2 device, assuring the highest level of reliability and productivity.
- Better temperature stability and higher brightness levels improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- All new diagnostics and self-correction features
Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows for self-diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications) eliminating worry about your device’s measurement accuracy.
- Maintaining and protecting the device (and investment) is easier than ever
Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt keeping your device working at top performance at all times.
- XRGA equipped
i1Pro2 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it quicker and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain is reliable and repeatable.
i1iSis Chart Readers
Productive. Fast. Easy. Precise.
In high production environments like photo processing, large format, fine art, and high speed digital printing, measuring color test charts to keep your color management profiles up-to-date can be a labor intensive and time consuming process. The i1iSis family of automatic chart readers sets a new standard in terms of speed, accuracy and handling – allowing you more time to focus on taking care of your customers.
The i1iSis is available in two configurations. i1iSis allows you to measure an A4+ test chart with up to 1,100 patches. Scans A4 and letter size charts, reading 1500 patches in just 8 minutes. i1iSis XL allows you to measure an A3+ test chart with up to 2,500 patches, which can be printed on a single A3 page. Scans A3+ and tabloid size charts, reading thousands of patches in less than 10 minutes.
Because it is built on the award-winning i1 spectral technology, you’ll capture the full spectral data of the charts you measure, assuring the most accurate measurements and profiles. In a single chart measurement cycle you can read both UVcut (M2) and measurements with NoFilter (M0). i1iSis is a perfect complement to the i1 family of solutions, especially high-end applications like professional photo and proofing where consistency of measurements from instrument to instrument is mission critical.
Color management has caused an explosion of opportunities for new and exotic inks, a variety of paper and substrates and new applications for those materials. i1iSis is a logical extension of the digital color workflow, giving you the ability to quickly provide color support for any media, any printer, anywhere. Meet the creative demand for the latest applications quickly and easily: measure your charts and create profiles in just minutes, for any scenario, with the i1iSis!
i1iSis: The automated solution for high-speed chart measurements
- Switchable UV Illumination to capture M0 (NoFilter) and M2 (UVcut filter) data in a single measurement cycle
- Available in two configurations —
- i1iSis: Allows you to measure an A4+ test chart with up to 1,100 patches. Scans A4 and letter size charts, reading 1500 patches in just 8 minutes.
- i1iSis XL: Allows you to measure an A3+ test chart with up to 2,500 patches, which can be printed on a single A3 page. Scans A3+ and tabloid size charts, reading thousands of patches in less than 10 minutes.
- Includes X-Rite's Optical Brightening Compensation (OBC) solution to help compensate for color shifts due to optical brightening agents in paper.
- Built-in vision system that offers high tolerance for how charts are aligned as they are fed into the system and automatically corrects for misalignment.
- Barcode reading, for chart identification adds further ease of use and error safety.
i1IO Automated Scanning Table
Automation for Color Perfectionists
Automate your color workflow and extend the value of your i1Pro. The i1IO is a robotic, automatic chart reading system that is designed to work with all i1Pro devices, whether an original or second generation spectrophotometer. It’s ideal for photographers, designers, and printers who want to speed up and automate the measurement process and eliminate manual strip reading!
i1IO provides fast measurements for reflective test charts on various substrates up to 10 mm – from thin polybag material to ceramics and textiles. i1IO quickly creates a custom profile delivering consistent and reliable results, reducing measurement errors and increasing your productivity. i1IO is simple to operate and you’ll still maintain all the great versatile functionality provided by your i1Pro solution.
A new level of automation for fast, accurate test chart reading for all Color Perfectionists!
i1IO Scan Table with Arm and Base Plate
i1IO is a hands-free test chart reading device - simply plug in your i1Pro, align the test chart, and the scanning table does all the work. The 2nd generation i1IO is delivered with a newly designed footplate that accommodates both the original i1Pro and the new i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer.
- Measurements for reflective test charts on various substrates up to 10 mm - from thin polybag material to ceramics and textiles
- Reads more than 500 patches per minute*, so you'll have a custom profile in no time!
- Provides consistent and reliable results
- Increased productivity
- Lower level of operator skill required
- Reduced risk of measurement errors
- New i1IO foot plate ensures i1Pro device is correctly snapped in place for the most accurate measurements
- Owners of an original i1IO table can have the footplate retrofitted to accept both the original i1Pro and the i1Pro 2 by sending to a local X-Rite service center (for a fee).
*with scanning mode in M0 measurement condition