Education professionals face increasing challenges. With limited staff and increasing responsibilities, teachers must create course material quickly and efficiently. What’s more, they have to do all this while cutting costs and securing confidential information. Canon Solutions America’s hardware and software technology solutions for education can help streamline workflows, boost collaboration, control expenses, secure student information, improve accessibility, and reduce the environmental impact of printing.
- Digital Mailrooms in K-12 and Higher Education Infographic
- Digital Mailrooms in K-12 and Higher Education Issue Brief
- A Roadmap for Improving Enterprise Content Management in Education Infographic
- A Roadmap for Improving Enterprise Content Management in Education Issue Brief
- Phasing Out Inconvenient Processes in Education with Intelligent Automation Infographic
- Phasing Out Inconvenient Processes in Education with Intelligent Automation Issue Brief
- 5 Pillars of Security for Education Infographic
- 7 Ways Managed Services Can Accelerate Digital Transformation
- Advanced Solutions for Education
- Advanced Solutions for Education Brochure - uniFLOW
- Automation Trends in Education
- Building K-12's Secure, Sustainable, Streamlined Future Issue Brief
- Creating a Remote Learning Experience in K-12 Education Infographic
- From Device to Data: Creating an Efficient Workflow with Security in Mind in K-12 Education
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE K-12 Education Security Cassette Lock Brochure
- Intelligent Grading Solution Brochure
- MPS in Education
- Mobile Applications for Education
- One Touch Workflows For Education
- Print Security in Education
- PrinterLogic K-12 Brochure
- Privacy In Peril At The Printer Infographic
- My Teachers Can Use Google’s G-Suite, Now What?
- Safeguarding Student Data in the Age of Digital Learning Issue Brief
- Smart Digital Transformation in Education K-12
- The Path Toward Digital Transformation: Technology Trends in K-12 Education
- To Strengthen Data Privacy, Start at the Printer Security Issue Brief
- Understanding the Future Role of Technology in Education: Restore, Evolve, Transform
- Wethersfield Video
Spend Less Time Grading, and More Time Teaching
Education faces increasing challenges today. Teachers are pressured to raise test scores, yet they need more than just scores and grades to improve overall student performance. Administrators face additional pressure to reduce costs while improving performance.
Canon Solutions America can help K-12 schools improve workflow, produce course materials, and control costs. The new Intelligent Grading Solution enables schools to leverage their existing multifunctional devices, in order to create and grade test sheets on demand. Since tests can be printed on plain white paper there is no need to purchase and store pre-printed forms.
Using our embedded MEAP Web application, teachers can quickly grade exams and generate reports that provide significant analysis on student and class performance. This insight allows educators to identify areas that need immediate improvement.
Keep Faculty and Student Information Secure
Education facilities can generate large amounts of information that must be secured, including student and personnel records. Now schools have practical solutions specifically designed to help safeguard confidential information from being accessed or printed. Protecting information on device hard drives can assist schools in their FERPA and HIPAA compliance.
Education IT administrators can manage exactly who is authorized to access, print, copy, scan, or send confidential information. Education administrators can require users to authenticate at a device before private information is released for printing. Various types of authentication devices help ensure that no one, whether knowingly or accidentally, sends a document or message to the wrong location. Our driver-based, serverless, and server-based solutions reduce concerns about sensitive information being left on output trays.
Focus on Sustainability and Environmental Impact
Communities expect schools to be a model for environmental responsibility. At Canon Solutions America, we are committed to developing technologies that help schools be environmentally conscious. As an ENERGY STAR® partner since 1993, Canon has qualified more than 200 products that incorporate original and advanced energy-efficient technologies without compromising features or performance. Elements heat up quickly and print at lower temperatures, keeping costs down and reducing wait time for teachers using the equipment. Sleep mode keeps energy consumption low and scanning takes less energy, too. Secured printing, default duplex printing, and fax forwarding all help to minimize waste. Canon also manufactures smaller, lighter products to control transportation costs from our facility. Finally, schools can recycle toner cartridges; but if your local community doesn’t take them, Canon has a collection program. We strive to achieve the highest environmental standards.
Reduce Printing Costs
Faced with continued budget cuts, educators must find ways to print more cost-efficiently, better manage printing, and encourage responsible equipment use. Our solutions can help schools lower costs and improve printing efficiency without sacrificing quality. In addition, users can authenticate and track usage to help manage security and cost. Administrators can adjust device and network settings to limit costly operations. Administrators will receive records of printing, copying, scanning, and faxing activity to analyze over- and under-used devices. They can also easily link their Canon Solutions America devices to existing cost-recovery systems to capture and track device-related costs effectively.
Boost Accessibility and Improve Productivity
Canon Solutions America is committed to boosting productivity for all users, including those with disabilities. Our features give more people access to our devices, allowing faster, easier use. For the visually impaired, we offer voice guidance and operation, concave keys, reversible displays, bright control panels, Braille label kits, and screen-reading software.
For those with limited mobility, Canon products feature an ADF Access Handle to enable a person in a wheelchair to close the feeder from the upright position. Some models also offer flexible control panels, as well as single-button drawer openers and toner doors that open automatically during the replacement process. The control panels tilt for better visibility. Users can change the toner with one hand, too.
Create and Distribute Effective Class Materials
Educators play a vital role in student achievement and devote a significant amount of time preparing assignments and course materials to make classes more engaging and effective. With added responsibilities, they must find ways to work faster without sacrificing the quality of their teaching methods. We offer a variety of desktop solutions that make it easier to create and distribute customized materials. Using desktop software, teachers can quickly collect and assemble course materials into a single lesson packet, leaving more time to concentrate on teaching. They can duplex, staple, collate, and distribute at the touch of a button. They can also conveniently print materials from their tablets or smartphones and get hard copies in minutes. Teachers can collaborate across departments or districts to share lesson plans and can print commonly used forms like permission slips and attendance charts as needed.