The TX-4100 MFP Z36 large format printer is designed to provide fast, high-quality, large format image capture-to-output. More than just the sum of its parts, it is the versatility of the product that helps make it stand out. This multi-component system gives the user the opportunity to be more productive by being able to print and scan at the same time. The open architecture of the computer can be used to load additional programs, among other things. The AIO has an all new intuitive GUI design for simplified printer management.
The imagePROGRAF TX-4100 MFP Z36 includes:
- TX-4100 44-inch Printer
- Z36 Scanner
- 15.6" All-In-One touchscreen computer
- Computer Stand
- TX Stacker or Catch Basket
With an all-new GUI, the new SmartWorks MFP software brings an updated look and feel that enables the operator to easily execute large-format scanning and copying from the touchscreen AIO. With a simple to use interface and "scan-it-once" ability, this software allows for efficient batch scanning and helps to create high quality scanned images. You can scan to PDF, TIFF and JPEG file formats. SmartWorks MFP software is now more efficient than ever before.Features:
- Scan-to-Multipage PDF
- Scan lengths of up to 315” (26 ft) for PDF and JPEG files, and up to 598” (50 ft) for TIFF files
- Ability to add custom presets with one-touch retrieval for those often-used settings
- Image enhancements for white point adjust, black point adjust, sharpen, mirror, and invert
- Fine detail scan feature
- Enhanced administrator rights
- Full integration with Canon Direct Print Plus software
The light weight and compact Z36 scanner incorporates a SingleSensor Technology Assembly1, which helps provide consistent and better color accuracy with more detail in the shadows and highlights than a staggered CIS array scanner.Features:
- 1200 dpi maximum optical resolution, 9600 dpi maximum resolution
- Image scanning of up to 36” wide, fits documents up to 38” wide
- Scanning speed of up to 13” per second monochrome, and up to 6” per second color
- USB 3.0 interface, 75 Mbytes / sec transfer rate
- Scan a document up to 1.0 mm thick
- Face up / Front load / Rear exit
- Straight paper path
- Files can be moved via a USB storage device
- Files can be shared over a network via the Ethernet card
- Statuses such as the amount of ink remaining in the printer can be obtained
- Get information of media loaded in the printer
- Printer maintenance can be executed
- Resettable to factory defaults
- Confirm with the user whether to save setting changes when quitting a function
- Files can be moved via a USB storage device
- Files can be shared over a network via the Ethernet card
The Intelligent Media Handling feature allows the user to simply place a roll in the opened drawer and slide in the media from the front of the printer with ease. The printer automatically detects media type, width, and length, for simplified user handling.
Available for purchase with the TX Series, this stacker can stack up to 100 sheets of documents of mixed sizes, including ARCH C, ARCH D, or ARCH E/E1 sizes and is built for high productivity and increased flexibility. The variety of configurations that the TX Stacker can be positioned into helps to make prints easily accessible to pick up for on-the-go printing. When not in use, the TX Stacker can be folded up to conserve space. Multi-positional Catch Basket
Available for purchase with the TX Series, the multi-positional basket can be freely adjusted to enable various output positions and options:
- Catch Basket
- Flatbed Stacking
- Slope (can be used to display a print)
The optional Multifunction Roll System is a versatile media handling solution system that enables either a second roll of media to be loaded on the printer, or can be configured as a bi-directional media take-up unit. The optional second roll unit allows for the instant switching between different media types or the use of two rolls of the same paper for up to 190 D-sized prints per hour. As a take-up unit the operator can choose to use this option to rewind longer printouts, with the print surface on the outside or on the inside of the roll.
The TX-4100 features the 5-color TD pigment ink set. This ink was formulated to produce fine lines and sharp text on both inkjet and non-inkjet paper. Combine this pigment ink with water resistant media and you have a printed drawing that can withstand the outdoor conditions, especially outdoor job sites such as construction sites. Available in 160 ml, 330 ml, and 700 ml ink tanks1, you have the ability to purchase a combination of ink sizes based on your printing volume. 1,650 ml of ink ships standard with the TX-4100.
The Sub-Ink Tank System allows all of the available ink in a tank to be used before having to replace it, helping eliminate any wasted ink. The empty tanks can also be replaced on-the-fly without stopping the printer. This is extremely useful during your long print jobs.
The 6-channel PF-06 Print Head is engineered to work with the printer’s high-speed carriage and high-frequency ink ejection to help facilitate fast printing. This printer boasts Canon's print-head technology that lays down ink with outstanding speed and accuracy. The PF-06 print head incorporates a nozzle orifice shape to help minimize mist spray, producing clean lines and text. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 5 picoliter-size ink droplets that help produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output (max.) with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02mm.
Canon's advanced print head technology achieves speeds up to 190 D-sized prints per hour on uncoated media. Powering these incredible print speeds is Canon's L-COA processor, which controls the optimal ink layout helping to ensure high resolution output.
Direct USB thumb drive printing supports JPEG and PDF file formats. Simply load your files onto your USB drive, step right up to the printer and plug your USB drive into the port. The TX-4100 supports selected page preview. When printing a multi-page PDF file from a USB, the user can select a certain page on the operation panel and display it in a preview window.
- 802.1x Authentication
- Panel Lock by Remote UI
- Role-based access control
- Front-panel access lock
- Remote UI Multilevel
- Hide IP from Panel
- Panel Access Control
- Job Storage and PIN Printing
- Self Encrypting Hard Disk
- Secure Disc Erase (Conforms to U.S. Department of Defense standard DoD5220.22-M)
- Secure File Erase*
- Direct USB Thumb Drive Printing
- Internet Connection
- FTP and Telnet communication protocols
The TX-4100 supports borderless printing on all roll widths and custom widths as well as three sized borderless printing for a reduction in paper trimming.
Printing jobs quickly is critical on the work site and in the office. The Wi-Fi connectivity can transfer technical drawing files and help speed up your workflow- perfect for high-volume printing. No Wi-Fi router is needed, which can provide greater freedom during installation. Wi-Fi connectivity is standard for the imagePROGRAF TX Series printers.
A built-in 500GB hard drive within the printer can increase productivity by relieving workload from the host computer, while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval.
|Printer Type||5-Color 36-inch PrinterNumber of NozzlesTotal: 15,360
MBK: 5,120 nozzles
C, M, Y, BK: 2,560 nozzles each
|Nozzle Pitch||1200 dpi
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
|Print Resolution (Up to)||2400×1200dpi (Max)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8.1, 10 (32/64bit)
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 (64bit)
Macintosh® OS 10.12.6 and later
|Standard Interfaces||USB 2.0 High-Speed
|Ink Droplet Size||5 picoliter|
|Ink Capacity||160 ml, 330ml or 700ml per color|
|Ink Types||Pigment Ink|
|Color Set||Pigment: Matte Black, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow|
|Buffer Ram||128 GB (Virtual) 2 GB (Physical)|
|Hard Drive||500 GB|
|Media Width||Cut Sheet - 6” - 36”
Roll Feed - 6” - 36”
|Media Thickness||0.07-0.8mm (2.8-31.4mil)|
|Maximum Roll Print Length||Roll Feed - 59' (18 meters)|
|Maximum Media Roll Diameter||6.7” (170m)|
|Borderless Printing Width||All sizes|
|Paper Feed Method||Roll Feed: One Roll, Front-loading, Front Output
Front Loading Manual Feed: Cut Sheet, Front Output
|Languages||SGRaster, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, PDF, JPEG|
|Noise Level Approx||Operation: 51 dB (A) or less
Standby: 35 dB (A) or less
Acoustic Power: 6.9 Bels or less
|Physical Dimensions||46“ x 55“ x 47“ (Main unit and TX Stacker; roll holder included, no inks, no print heads)
46 x 55 x 39 (Main unit and TX Catch Basket Opened)
|Weight||approx. 257 lbs (Main unit and TX Stacker; roll holder included, no inks, no print heads)
approx. 231 lbs (Main unit and Catch Basket roll holder included, no inks, no print heads)
|Power Source||AC-100-240V (50-60Hz)|
|Power Consumption||Maximum: 115W or less
Standby 2.0W or less
Power Off: 0.3W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 59°-86° F (15°-30° C)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
|Software Available||Accounting Manager, Canon Print Service, Device Management Console, Direct Print Plus, Printer Driver Extra Kit, Free Layout Plus, TX Unified Printer Driver, Media Configuration Tool, PosterArtist Lite for Windows, Optimized Driver for AutoCAD, CPP Publisher Select, CPP Driver Select|
- The 700ml ink tank is only available for service authorized dealers.
- Plain Paper, Fast (Q5) mode.
- Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security features may impact functionality/performance; you may want to test these settings in your environment.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or 802.11n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients
- For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
Colorado Series Media Guide
One guide that covers all the different type of wide format media to create all kinds of applications on the Colorado Series Printers. From paper, posters, pop , banners, window perforated vinyl, polypropylene , window films and canvas specialty products.
Large Format Solutions Service and Support Brochure
Our mission is to provide quality service and support that consistently meets your productivity requirements. That means providing the highest quality parts along with rapid, responsive service that flexes as your needs change.
Large Format Graphics Solutions Overview
At Canon Solutions America, we are committed to helping our customers grow their business success. We can provide one-stop support, helping reduce the finger-pointing often experienced when integrating and troubleshooting cross-vendor media, hardware, and applications issues.
Is your large format printer a potential target for hackers?
For Media, Ink and Toner
Wide Format Inkjet Printer Buyer's Guide
Wide format inkjet printers are very useful for printing construction documents in color or black and white – the key is finding the right inkjet printer.
Download the free Wide Format Inkjet Printer Buyer's Guide for Contractors filled with advice and tips for selecting the right wide format inkjet printer for you, regardless of the brand.
You don't need to be a graphic designer to create your own posters. Canon's PosterArtist software gives you the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints that can be used in applications such as office presentations, posters, banners, retail signage, and much, much more.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.
Drivers & Downloads
imagePROGRAF TX Series